Descender #1 - Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen

Description:

One young robot's struggle to stay alive in a universe where all androids have been outlawed and bounty hunters lurk on every planet. A rip-roaring and heart-felt cosmic odyssey that pits humanity against machine, and world against world, to create a sprawling space opera from the creators of Trillium, Sweet Tooth, and Little Gotham. Extra-sized first issue.

My Thoughts:

This was good. The graphics are amazing, and the storyline is interesting.

There is an amazing little boy android, his pet robot dog, and a driller bot that I fell in love with. The little boy robot, Tim-21, is the sweetest, most loyal character, and I loved reading his story. The little robot dog reminds me of my dog, protective and furiously loyal to Tim-21. The driller bot is a fighting machine who is simple minded, but tries his best to save Tim-21 after he is terribly wounded.

I don't read too many graphic novels, and sometimes have issues following the plot line because I usually don't spend enough time examining the illustrations, these are amazing. This was smooth and the story was not only conveyed beautifully through the illustrations, but the dialog made sense and I actually understood what I was supposed to. I will definitely be reading what ever else has been published by this author/illustrator team.

Review in exchange for ebook copy from Netgalley. Thank you.