If You Were Me and Lived in...China: A Child's Introduction to Culture Around the World - Kelsea Parks Wierenga, Carole P. Roman

DESCRIPTION (Amazon):

Carole P. Roman's award winning series has traveling again and this time it's to East Asia to visit the People's Republic of China. In this book, younger readers can learn about the wide variety of climate when they read about China's vast size. They will begin their journey in China's ancient capital, Beijing, where they will discover the Imperial Palace of the Forbidden City.

Different regions of cuisine are discussed, highlighting the variety of styles and spices of food. Currency, sports, exciting tourist attractions, and a lovely description of the New Year Festivities are included in this introduction the beautiful land of China.

MY THOUGHTS:

This book is full of information about China. It is written so that the information is told by a girl who lives there. I really like this better than other books I have seen similar to this because it is not written like a reference book, but ultimately children still gain the same knowledge.

I am donated my copy to my seven year old son's classroom. The teacher was so impressed by this that she is going to ask for the money to by all of the books in this series for the school library.

I recieved a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.