Doodletopia: Cartoons (Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Fun Cartoon Creations) by Christopher Hart

Doodletopia: Cartoons: Draw, Design, and Color Your Own Super-Fun Cartoon Creations - Christopher Hart

Description (Blogging For Books):

An interactive doodle book from a best-selling art instruction author and cartoon master that pairs illustrating insights with drawing, designing, and coloring activities for aspiring artists.

Your first stop in this paradise of creativity? The world of cartoons. Your tour guide Christopher Hart is ready to introduce you to the interactive, artistic possibilities of creating your own exciting, hilarious, off-the-wall cartoon characters, gags, and more.

Unlike other doodle books that leave you stranded, with no help at all, Doodletopia: Cartoons pairs fun doodle-based activities with the sort of insightful (and laugh-out-loud funny) advice and tips that countless readers have come to expect from cartooning master Christopher Hart. For the first time ever, you can pick up your pencils, pens, markers, or crayons, and draw, doodle, or color right on the same page as the author.

From finishing cartoon faces to selecting costumes to completing wacky cartoon scenes,

the opportunities for creative expression are endless. So what are you waiting for? Open up and start doodling!

My Thoughts:

I am super impressed with this book. The instructions are really easy to follow and conveyed in step-by-step illustration with a written  typed out "hints" to make the process a bit easier to accomplish.

Towards the end of the book I was happy to see a section titled "Write in Cartoon Calligraphy." In this section are instructions on how t successfully write in Letters With Cute Icons (the example is adorable, FLOWER), Deep Letters (3-D), Balloon Letters (letters in balloons), The Font of Doom (letters that are dripping), Chipped Brick (letters made to look like a brick wall with peeling paint), Gothic and Halloween (spooky with cobwebs and skulls), Marquee: A Star is Drawn (letters on a marquee sign), and Kooky Letters (the he's are awesome, each letter is unique).

Another section that I really like is Draw Ridiculous Inventions. These are amazing. In one areas of this section there is a boy on a seesaw. He is playing alone. His seesaw is built into a machine where balls fall from one bucket to another. On their way between buckets they land on the opposite side of the seesaw to that on which the boy is seated. When the balls hit that side it causes the seesaw to move up and down. Another is a foot pedal powered blender.

The designs in this will be very helpful for school projects due for school that my children soon have coming up. I am going to have to purchase two more copies of this to please my children because there is already a tug-of-war claiming of the book in progress.

About the Author (Penguin Random House):

CHRISTOPHER HART is the world’s bestselling author of drawing and cartooning books. His books have sold more than 6 million copies and have been translated into 20 languages. Renowned for up-to-the-minute content and easy-to-follow steps, all of Hart’s books have become staples for a new generation of aspiring artists and professionals, and they have been selected by the American Library Association for special notice.

Where to Buy:

Amazon US

Penguin Random House

Thank you to Blogging For Books for providing a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This is the best book I recieved from them yet.