Hay(na)ku

Port Light - William Allegrezza

A hay(na)ku is a very simple poetic form, and it’s also one of the newest. It was apparently created in 2003 by poet Eileen Tabios.

Hay(na)ku is a 3-line poem with one word in the first line, two words in the second, and three in the third. There are no restrictions beyond this.

This book is a small collection of hay(na)kus written by William Allegrezza. It is 58 pages in length.

Example from the book:

(I giggled at this one)

afterwards

imagined you

as irreplaceable until

wanted to

have you replaced.

My thoughts:

I had no clue what a hay(na)ku was before reading this collection of poetry. Even though poetry is not normally an interest of mine, I found this book enjoyable and fun. After finishing this my children and I had a great time coming up with our own hay(na)kus. My girls are now in competition to see who can do better, and the form is simple enough that myseven year old boy to join in on the fun without getting frustrated. Honestly he has come oup with the best one so far.

I originally struggled with writing a review for this. I find poetry difficult to rate, and am always nervous about recommending it to anyone. people never form the same opinions when it comes to something as creative as this. So I decided to review it on how much fun this book lead my family to have.

My son's cute hay(na)ku:

It

gets in

My mouth, yuck!

(LOL)

It is funny because I can tell he is counting words every time he talks. He tries to make every phrase fit these guidelines.

Thank

you for

reading my review.

Thank you to the author for allowing me the opportunity to recieve this book in a Goodreads giveaway. It has lead to much needed family fun and bonding.

Link to buy this book

POST YOUR BEST ATTEMPT I  THE COMMENTS SECTION FOR FUN!