Reading progress update: I've read 52%.

Welcome to Monstrovia - Mark H. Newhouse

I breathe a sigh of relief. "I know Emily didn't do it."

"I agree. But it is a possible defense. You have to understand, as a defense lawyer, all I have to do is create a 'reasonable doubt' that Jack didn't do it. One way to do that is to show somebody else could have---."

"So you blame it on Emily? What a sneaky lawyer trick."

"I don't really want to cast blame on her, but if one juror of twelve in a murder case doubts that Jack didn't do it, he'll be set free."

Recap:

Monstrovia is a place where fictional characters live. Brodie is visiting his Uncle Jasper for the first time. Uncle Jasper is a lawyer and has been hired to defend Jack, from Jack and the Beanstalk, after he brought up on a murder charge. Emily is Jack's brother.

So far I have references to Vlad the Impaler, Sherlock Holmes, and more. This is an amazing fantasy world to explore. We are having an amazing time with reading this one. I am sad to see that we have less than half the book left. I haven't read a children's book this well executed and extremely thought out in quite some time. So far, this ranks near top of my all time favorite middle grade novels. IT IS AMAZING!!!

Think Shrek meets Monsters Inc.