Dragon On Top (Dragon Kin 0.4) by G.A. Aiken

Dragon on Top - G.A. Aiken

Publication Date: October 27, 2015

Amazon US

WARNING! THIS NOVELLA WAS PREVIOUSLY PUBLISH IN AN ANTHOLOGY, SUPERNATURAL.

Description (Goodreads):

Try a little dragon tenderness.

I am Glheanna the Decimator. I am a warrior. A soldier. I know no fear. No pain. No mercy. I do, however, know acute embarrassment! How could I not after getting dumped by a bastard dragon in front of my own troops? So I tuck tail and return to my cave, drowning my sorrows in ale—as is my family’s way. But instead of leaving me to my misery, I’ve been summoned to the Dragon Queen’s court.

As if my life wasn’t pathetic enough, Her Majesty now has me escorting the highborn Bram the Merciful through dangerous territories—not exactly the best use of my military training. And just so he can negotiate with enemy dragons instead of battling them? Honestly, what has my world come to? Then again…Bram is quite easy on the eyes. And the perfect distraction for what ails me. Perhaps I’m looking at all this the wrong way. Maybe there is a place for a little “mercy” in my life…

My Thoughts:

Despite the fact that I read this in the anthology a couple of years ago, I really like this story. This is Glheanna and Bram's love story. This is laugh out loud, sexy romance at its best.

I don't think any other author has entertained me as much as G.A. Aiken (Shelly Laurenston). If you like paranormal romance and haven't read anything by her you are really missing out.

Recommandation:

This works well as a standalone. Fans of the genre, author will enjoy this.

I recieved an ARC copy of this novella through NetGalley for an honest review.