Precious Moments Storybook Collection written by V. Gilbert Beers, illustrated by Samuel J. Butcher

The Precious Moments Storybook Collection: Stories That Celebrate Everyday Joys - V. Gilbert Beers

This was given to my children as a gift by a neighbor who thinks I am cahoots with devil on a mission to populate the earth with nonbelievers. Which is not true. I encourage my kids to form their own opinions. If they ask me to attend church, I go with them. I don't talk about my beliefs with them and approach their questions about religion by redirecting their the question to themselves. I honestly don't know if they even know where I stand on belief of God.

That being said, this book is cute. It's Precious Moments! Those little cartoonish kids just look so sweet. I do think that how the author chose to add God to some of the stories feels forced, and could possibly cause confusion. Example:

Who wakes the day,

Turns of the sun?

Makes sure the bath

For the world has begun?

Who fixes a world

Where it need repair?

Who hangs the skies,

Away up there?

God does!

Last year my son argued with his teacher about the skies. I didn't realize that he actually thought that God went outside and basically pinned the sky up in the air like you would hang clothes. He thought the sun was like a light bulb with a pull cord that God tugged on when he wanted it to be day time. He took these stories straight to heart after everyone for decided it necessary to tell him that God is real and to believe the bible. My point is that if you believe that God is real and want your children to believe, why would you use a book like this to try to help sway their opinions? I think it would make more sense to not fantasize or fictionalize God and stick with stories directly from  the bible.