Captain No Beard: An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate's Life

Captain No Beard: An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate's Life - Carole P. Roman

Description (back of book):

Captain No Beard  ND his pirate ship The Flying Dragon set sail for a voyage of the imagination with his fearless crew of four: First Mate Hallie, Mongo the Monkey, Linus the loud mouthed lion, and Fri bit the floppy frog. Normally a young boy named Alexander, his cousin Halie, and three stuffed animals, once they board his bed their world is transformed into a apical vessel sailing the seven seas on a dangerous and exciting adventure!

My Thoughts:

My son likes this one. The illustrations really grabbed his attention right away. He loves pirates. He wants to be a good Captain Hook every time him and his friends play what they call Peter Pan and Hook's Voyage.

There is a decent collection of books starring Captain No Beard and his gang. They all help convey to children the importance of friendship, imagination,  sharing, and more. I will warn you that this may not work well as a bedtime story, my kid got rather absorbed in the story and was soon acting out the scenes for me on his ship (a bid tote I have).

Recommendation:

This is cute book that I think most pirate loving children will love. It will work well for both a boy or a girl. It is about 40 pages in length with colorful illustrations throughout.

Amazon US ($.99 at the time of this review)