Monsterland

Monsterland - Michael Phillip Cash

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Welcome to Monsterland – the scariest place on Earth. All guests can interact with real vampires in Vampire Village, be chased by an actual werewolf on the River Run, and walk among the dead in Zombieville.

Wyatt Baldwin, a high school student and life-long movie buff is staring bleakly at a future of flipping burgers. Due to a fortuitous circumstance, Wyatt and his friends are invited to the star-studded opening of Monsterland. In a theme park full of real vampires, werewolves and zombies, what could possibly go wrong?

My Thoughts:

It is Monsterland's grand opening. This opening is a big deal because the town where it is located was about to go belly up. It is an opportunity to bring in much needed money and tourists.

It was rather predictable. A group of teenagers are given opening day tickets for the park after one of the "geeks" does a good deed for a homeless vagrant. This vagrant turns out to be the owner of the park who just looked like a vagrant after a hard days work. Of course they all go. In a park full of monsters, how could things go wrong? Well they do, and in a horrible way.

This started out kind of slow. The very beginning was slightly confusing. You learn about the world as the story is told. I had to reread the first chapter twice to completely understand what was going on. After that things went smoothly. The last half of the book is much better than the beginning. With that said, I enjoyed this.

Quote From the Book:

"Impressive firepower. I bet it would take down an elephant, rhino, or hippo as well." McAdams added with a smile. "Seems incongruous to have in a family themed park," the ambassador from China grumbled.

Recommendation:

If you are in the mood for a quick read that will give you a few scares, give this a try. Fans of paranormal horror will probably enjoy this. Parts of this were pretty gory, so if you don't like blood and guts, this probably isn't for you.

Buy: