Uncle John's Factastic Bathroom Reader by Bathroom Readers' Institute

Uncle John's Factastic Bathroom Reader - Bathroom Readers' Institute

Description:

Uncle John got a Factastic facelift for the 28th all-new edition of this beloved book series — now with a classy cloth cover on the outside and a sleek style on the inside! All of Uncle John’s Bathroom Readerfavorites are packed into these 544 glorious pages – from little-known history to the origins of everyday things—plus odd news, weird fads, quirky quotes, mind-bending science, head-scratching blunders, and all sorts of random oddities. Oh yeah, and thousands of incredible facts! Feel smarter (and a bit more dignified) as you settle into:

• Weird Body Parts of the Rich and Famous

• The Wild Man of Borneo

• Cryptic Movie Titles Explained

• "Pathological Generosity" and Other Real Medical Conditions

• How to Perform CPR on Your Dog

• When Postal Workers Go Rogue

• Start Your Own Country!

• Animals Under the Influence

• Welcome to No Mans Land

• The Mad Potter of Biloxi

• Saved From the Trash: The “Lost Leonardo”

• The Ten Longest Wars in History

• Stomach-churning Food-Safety Mistakes

• You Swallowed What?

• Incredible Stories of Survival

• The Case of the Stolen Bridge and Other Weird Crime Reports

My Thoughts:

I will admit that I didn't read it in the bathroom, it would be a great toilet time read. It was read while waiting in the car for the kids to get out of school, and also while waiting in the doctor's office waiting room. It is a perfect book to entertain you during short periods of time. There isn't a storyline to follow so you don't have to worry about forgetting important things. You can bounce around to whatever section that you are interested at the moment. I really liked this.

Something I thought was neat:

-medical students make-up sayings (mnemonic phrases) to remember things

SCALP is used to remember the layers of the scalp.

Skin

Connective tissue

Aponeurosis

Loose areola tissue

Pericranium

Amazon US

I recieved a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.