Cat's in Paris (adult coloring book)

Cats in Paris: A Magical Coloring Book - Won-Sun Jang

Book Description:

Say bonjour to the cats of Paris as they slink through its fabled streets and alleyways, from Montmartre to the Shakespeare and Company bookshop and into a feline-filled land of playful imagination. Featuring intricate pen-and-ink drawings of tabbies, Persians, Siamese, and more, this evocative coloring book’s frisky kitties lie in wait for your colorful stylings.

My Thoughts:

This is nice. I love the way this book is put together. I have other coloring books made just like this one and they are all amazing. Bright white paper that is thick, printed on both sides. The cover is cute. It has an actual dust jacket making it sturdy and giving it a nice quality look. This book is quite a bit larger than I expected, and the page count is also higher than anticipated.

The pictures themselves are nice. The are hand drawn, so don't expect crisp lines. In my opinion this makes for a great finished product because of its uniqueness. This sure to appeal to anyone who loves to color and has a love for domestic house cats.

My Prismacolor colored pencils work well on these, as do my gel pen. The cheaper Crayola colored pencils actually work better than I thought they would. I haven't tried my watercolor pencils yet, but I expect good results.

I am having a blast using different colors for the cats fur then blending them together. I have had some really awesome results.

I will definitely be seeing what other products are available by the same publisher. All three that I have are very nice.

I received a copy of this coloring book in exchange for an honest review from Blogging For Books.

About the Author:

Won-Sun Jang is an award-winning Korean illustrator whose work has appeared in Vogue Korea, Elle Korea, Bazaar Korea, and InStyle Korea, and clients include MAC Cosmetics and Clinique. Winner of the Children’s Books Illustration Award from Kemongsa Publishers, she currently works as a package designer in Seoul, Korea. Since meeting Eva the Norwegian Forest Cat fourteen years ago, she has fallen in love with cats and the inspiration they bring to her art.

Buy on Amazon ($10.47 at the time of this review)