Ever wonder what it is like to be a parent to a child with ADHD?

The Boy from Hell: Life with a Child with ADHD - Alison M. Thompson

This is written by a mother of a boy with ADHD. She tells their story with honesty, and unless you have dealt with a child with the disorder you may find some of the things in this book hard to swallow. Parts of this brought tears to my eyes, others made me giggle.

I have talked with parents who deal with children with ADHD a lot at work. They keep things back to themselves, but this woman tells all. She tells of the thoughts that flow through her mind as her child can't control himself, how the reaction you get from other parents is that of you being a bad parent and it being your fault that your child can't keep it together like the other kids. It is frustrating, I have seen the most wonderful parents have a child who just can't help himself or concentrate.

This book would be a major help to anyone who read it, but I especially recommend it to parents who fond themselves in situation much like the author of this book foound herself in. This is story that needed to be told, I hope it gets the attention it deserves. There is so much understanding to be found in this book, and understanding is the key to heling children and parents who struggle with ADHD.

I recieved a copy of this through Edelwiess in exchange for an honest review. I plan to have the company I work for purchase copies.