4 x 4 Diet

The 4 x 4 Diet: 4 Key Foods, 4-Minute Workouts, Four Weeks to the Body You Want - Erin Oprea, Carrie Underwood

Synopsis:

Discover the 4 key foods and the 4-minute workouts that will change the way readers look and feel in just 4 weeks. Celebrity trainer and former marine Erin Oprea's motto is "lean and clean." Her unique 4 x 4 diet shows readers how to get clean by reducing the 4 major hitches in most diets: sugar, starch, sodium, and alcohol. She also tells readers how to get lean, using her 4-minute tabata workouts: 8 repititions of 20 seconds of high-intensity moves, then 10 seconds of rest. Within 4 weeks, the average person will be able to reduce bloating and belly fat; gain increased muscle definition in the arms, legs, and stomach; improve cardiovascular endurance; and break sugar and sodium addictions. Complete with meal plans and recipes, the 4 x 4 diet is perfect for anyone looking to streamline their body and lifestyle.

My Thoughts:

This diet plan actually makes sense. There are things in this that I hadn't really considered in weight loss. I really like this and recommend it to anyone wanting to lose some weight, but doesn't know where to start. Seasoned dieters will probably not gain much from reading this.

The reason I picked this up is that ever since my husband hs struggled with his wieght ever since spent 2 years not able to walk due to a combination of trama from an ATV accident and scar tissue formed from having spinal meningitis as a young teenager (at the time of the meningitis he was unable to walk for 9 months). I have told him most of the information provided before getting this, but he refused to believe the words coming out my mouth. (Why are men like that? LOL) He now tells me about the things he reads like he is hearing these things for the first time. I act like I am surprised, and he thinks the dieting is all his idea. :) He has lost five pounds, and his diet is much healthier.

I really like how the book is written. There are charts that male info easier to grasp, menus that are just "ideas" and not the backbone to the entire weight loss system this book promotes. There are workouts that have companion pictures that demonstrate exactly how to properly execute them, and it starts out slow and simple with timed increases that don't completely kill you right from the rip. The food part of this is about still eating what you like, but doing it in a heath fashon.

About the Author:

ERIN OPREA is a NESTA- and AFAA-certified personal trainer as well as a former marine who has served two tours of duty in Iraq. She has been Carrie Underwood's personal trainer since early 2007, and has earned the title of "Trainer to the Stars." She currently lives in Nashville with her husband and two boys.

Amazon:

Amazon US

I recieved a copy of this from Blogging For Books in exchange for an honest review.