Thoughts?

I recieve email updates from an author I somehow followed. The email starts like this:

Bear with me. As I write this post, I’m more than a little mad. And I don’t mean “crazy,” either. I encountered a fellow the other day who spoke things so poisonous, so deadly to the creative mind, that I suspect he’s already left a battalion of writer-corpses in his wake.

And I’m not staying silent about it anymore.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

You have permission to be a beginner.

That means it’s okay if you don’t know things.

That means it’s okay if you don’t know how to start your story.

That means it’s okay if you don’t know how to end your story.

That means it’s okay if you’re still learning to write, learning about grammar, learning about character development.

That means it’s okay even if words like “plot points” and “hooks and taglines” give you cold chills.

That means it’s okay if you don’t know how to get over the hump in the middle.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO NOT KNOW THINGS.

MORE HERE

My opinions are that: yes, a person does have the right to all of that, but when I take my time to read a book, I expect to read something worthy of my time. Without knowing how to do the things above is not acceptible. This email bugs me. I admit I haven't read anything by this author, but after reading how she basically admits to these shortcomings, I don't think I ever will read one. And I had one of them pretty high on my TBR, not now...

THOUGHTS?